Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Everything is New- or is it?

     Happy New Year from the Sallade family!  December was a great month full of many praises and celebrations.  All the events surrounding the birth of our Savior were fun and cherished.  Time with family and reacquainting with friends are always precious memories.  As we anticipated Jesus' birth, it was a season of feeling overwhelmed and humbled to serve such an Almighty King!  In less than six weeks, the Provider and Father gathered His resources and has made ready over 2/3 of our adoption expenses.  Praise Be To God! There is no other explanation!  He is faithful to His promises- He CAN what we CAN'T! (Philippines 4:13)  The Father's heart is generous and abundant.  Thank you to the many people who listened to the Spirit's prompt.  The donations have been mind-blowing, but we also covet your prayers.  The provisions God has given are clear confirmations and stir an unspeakable peace that pushes us forward.  As God reveals and provides for us today, it gives me even greater confidence He will continue to guide and provide for us eighteen years from now when we are still on this parenting journey.
     January 1st brings refreshing newness.  It is a new feeling to see our dining room table again as numerous, scattered dossier papers are now gone.  In addition, new clothes, new toys, newly rearranged house after we put the Christmas decorations away, a new clean slate as we begin our New Year's resolutions and goals for 2015.  I love the feeling of "new" but I ultimately know that "new" means hope.  Hope in the One that always keeps His promises.  I have been challenged this year by a verse I have heard many times.  "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are becoming new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)  I normally focus on the new creation and the struggle to keep the old things dead.  This year I am thinking differently and focusing on the last part of that verse.  "All things are becoming new."  Becoming is a journey.  I really can relate to a journey.  I have planned, packed, prepared, and participated in many road trips as recently as our Christmas travels.  However, obviously on this journey, I haven't arrived yet (because I am not dancing in heaven yet), but I must also remember that other things of this world are still becoming too.
     Our dossier papers have been submitted to the Haitian department for translation.  However, my heart continues to ache for the country of Haiti.  January 12th marked the five year anniversary of the 2010 devastating earthquake.  The UNICEF estimates there are 430,000 Haitian orphans.  In addition, the potential elections scheduled to occur on January 12, 2015 did not take place.  The government and country is in significant unrest.  I pray that the country is becoming- new, prosperous, and blessed with the gospel.  I pray that the orphans are becoming- beautiful, hope-filled missionaries on fire for Jesus.  Please join with me in prayer for the people of Haiti as many continue to search and seek this newness that only comes from Christ.
     I anxiously await newness.  Of course, I often add my own thoughts to this verse.  "everything is becoming new, BUT ____ or EXCEPT ____"  In my own sin, I doubt and underestimate the power and authority of Jesus to make "everything new." (period.)
     So this year, no goals (sorry Dad, sorry Steven Covey).  This year I am "becoming."  I am becoming a student of the Word.  I am becoming a prayer warrior for my family.  I am becoming a healthier missionary in spreading the gospel.  Last but not least, this year I am becoming a more loving, patient mommy.  What are you becoming?

1 comment:

  1. Great posting! Thanks for challenging and sharing your heart!
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete