Sunday, November 30, 2014

Miracles come in "CANS"

    We are excited you are joining us on our journey of adoption!
The bible clearly states, "I CAN do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13  Joyce Meyers says, "Miracles only come in CANS."  I will do what I CAN and allow God to do whatever I can't. I CAN open my home to another child; I CAN fill out paperwork; I CAN humbly accept help... but I must allow God to do what I can't.  Adoption expenses are estimated at $34,000.  A miracle of $34,000 will only be explained through a work of God.
      I have never been good at math, numbers, or equations. Now I understand why. God has equipped or UNequipped me with that logical part of the brain that tries to make sense of the cost involved in adoption. The numbers "just don't add up," but I am kind of used to that. :)  However, I do not believe that this is supposed to add up nicely and equal a nice, earthly equation.  Then God would be left out of such an equation. The miracle of life is not a simple equation.  It can only be explained by a detailed Creator of the Universe. Therefore, the miracle of adoption is not a simple math equation either. It can only be explained by the True Father to the Fatherless.  Only He can orchestrate such a complex process over language barriers, cultural differences, spiritual warfare, and financial obstacles.
      What is the math equation? Our family is being called to adopt, and it is time to open the miracle CAN. I CAN ask you for donations.  We have established an account with 'Adopt Together' a non-profit organization that allows you to give a tax-deductible gift towards our adoption expenses.  The button will directly link you to our account.  I CAN encourage you to sponsor garage sales, organize pancake breakfasts, set up raffles and auctions, or host home parties on our behalf.  You CAN help us by contact other resources to spread the word.  Like our blog and share it on Facebook.  Then we will pray and watch as God completes HIS equation by doing things we CAN'T possibly think or imagine.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! So excited to see how with God's help, we CAN bring this child to your home and our family. Praying for an abundance of giving!

    ReplyDelete